Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Security Central infection from December 2009

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Security Central infection from December 2009

Unread postby Tapster » April 19th, 2010, 11:23 am

Hi,

I just pm'd Cypher as he helped me in Dec 2009 with a Security Central infection. He says that he can't help me via pm and that I should post here for the first available helper.

I've copied my pm below.

Please help!!

All the best,

Dave

===================================================================

Hi Cypher,

I hope you're still available on this forum.

You did a great job for me, helping to rid my PC of malware. You actually gave me the all clear on Christmas day 2009! A fantastic Christmas present for me!

The archived thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47927

I donated to your site, in thanks for the help. :D

Since then my PC has run very well, with the task manager showing very little CPU activity in the background when using programs, even with multiple Firefox windows open. I don't remember ever having seen the machine so fast and unstressed.

Well, over the last two weeks it has become very different!

This is the background CPU use with two Outlook emails open, one Word document and 16 Firefox tabs open. At this point I haven't done any operation on the PC for 5 minutes and the CPU has settled down to this level.

IMG_6790a.JPG

Then I put in the memory card of the camera and view the image above. CPU goes wild for a while:

IMG_6791a.JPG

Then I opened GIMP image editing program to prepare the images for the web. I just opened the program, nothing more:

IMG_6792a.JPG

When I was actually editing the images the CPU was on 100% almost all the time and the PC had slowed so much as to be almost unuseable.

In other cases the PC told me that there wasn’t enough ‘resources’ to complete an action (when printing an image) and mostly it seems to be the system idle process which is running to the max, with other processes showing 1-5% of the processor use.

WinPatrol has shown no change to any of my core programs or files and Superantispyeare Professional hasn't flagged up anything, nor have scans by malwarebytes and superantispyware.
The hijackthis log is below.

Please will you help diagnose and fix this problem?
I’d be very grateful.
All the best,

David

=======================================

Here’s the Hijackthis log done two minutes ago:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 18:58:44, on 18/04/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\SeagateManager\Sync\FreeAgentService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.2.183.23\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Apps\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\X10\Common\x10nets.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Apps\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
D:\Documents and Settings\Windows User\Desktop\Malware removal tools\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.btopenworld.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O1 - Hosts: [Internet Media][AS12008][204.69.234.0 - 204.69.234.255]
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - c:\program files\real\realplayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe -expressboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe /nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=file://C:\APPS\IE\offline\uk.htm
O16 - DPF: {4E62C4DE-627D-4604-B157-4B7D6B09F02E} (Egg Money Manager Digital Safe) - https://moneymanager.egg.com/Pinsafe/ac ... acking.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 7655180610
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL
O23 - Service: ArcSoft Connect Daemon (ACDaemon) - ArcSoft Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Seagate Service (FreeAgentGoNext Service) - Seagate Technology LLC - C:\Program Files\Seagate\SeagateManager\Sync\FreeAgentService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9f0382eb73244) (gupdate1c9f0382eb73244) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LVCOMSer - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Softex Inc. - C:\Apps\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - X10 - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\X10\Common\x10nets.exe

--
End of file - 7967 bytes
IMG_6792a.JPG
IMG_6790a.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tapster

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Security Central infection from December 2009

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » April 23rd, 2010, 1:59 am

Hi,

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Unread postby askey127 » April 26th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Tapster,
Sorry for the delay in answering your request.
We have had more logs than we could handle in a timely manner.
If you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, please proceed as follows:

Let's do a trial here. There have been many incidents about X10 suddenly causing paralysis.
This will check to see if it or the ARCSoft Deamon are involved. If so, there are remedies.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stop, Disable A Service
Go to Start, Run OR Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt and type Services.msc and click OK.
Scroll down and find the service.

x10nets

Click once on the service to highlight it.
Right-Click on the service. Click on Properties
Select the General tab.
Next to Service Status, click Stop.
Click the Arrow-down tab on the right-hand side of the Start-up Type box.
From the drop-down menu, click on Disabled
Click Apply , then OK
Stop, Disable A Service
Go to Start, Run OR Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt and type Services.msc and click OK.
Scroll down and find the service.

ACDaemon

Click once on the service to highlight it.
Right-Click on the service. Click on Properties
Select the General tab.
Next to Service Status, click Stop.
Click the Arrow-down tab on the right-hand side of the Start-up Type box.
From the drop-down menu, click on Disabled
Click Apply , then OK
REBOOT(RESTART) Your Machine

Let me know if the extreme slowdown is still in evidence.

Retrieve the List of Installed programs Using HJT
Open HijackThis, click Open The Misc Tools Section. Then scroll down the list if you need to, click Open Uninstall Manager and Save List...
The List of installed programs will automatically be saved as uninstall_list.txt in your HiJackThis folder.
In addition, the list opens in Notepad so you can also save as another name in another location if you wish.
Please paste the contents into your next reply.

So we are looking for your take on whether these two services are related to the slowdown, and the content of the Installed programs list.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby askey127 » April 29th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Due to Lack of Response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove